About AWS Certified Database – Specialty Exam
|Exam Questions||Case study, short answer, repeated answer, MCQs|
|Number of Questions||140-160|
|Time to Complete||180 minutes|
|Exam Fee||300 USD|
Overview of AWS Database – Specialty Certification
The AWS Certified Database – Specialty (DBS-C01) exam is designed for people who work with databases. This test verifies a candidate’s knowledge of databases, including design, migration, deployment, access, maintenance, automation, monitoring, security, and troubleshooting principles.
A candidate’s ability to accomplish the following tasks is also validated by the exam:
- Recognize and distinguish the key characteristics of AWS database services.
- Using AWS services, analyze needs and requirements to design and recommend relevant database solutions.
The ideal applicant will have at least 5 years of experience with common database technologies, at least 2 years of hands-on experience working on AWS, and knowledge and expertise working with relational and NoSQL databases on-premises and in the cloud.
Recommended AWS Knowledge
- Select appropriate database services for specific types of data and workloads
- Determine strategies for disaster recovery and high availability.
- Design database solutions for performance, compliance, and scalability.
- Compare the costs of database solutions
- Automate database solution deployments
- Determine data preparation and migration strategies
- Execute and validate data migration
- Determine maintenance tasks and processes
- Determine backup and restore strategies.
- Manage the operational environment of a database solution
- Determine monitoring and alerting strategies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common database issues
- Optimize database performance
- Encrypt data at rest and in transit
- Evaluate auditing solutions
- Determine access control and authentication mechanisms
- Recognize potential security vulnerabilities within database solutions
The table below lists the main content domains and their weightings on the exam.
|Domain 1||Workload-Specific Database Design||26%|
|Domain 2||Deployment and Migration||20%|
|Domain 3||Management and Operations||18%|
|Domain 4||Monitoring and Troubleshooting||18%|
|Domain 5||Database Security||18%|
Database - Specialty Volume2: First Edition - 2022
- Covers Complete & Official Exam Blueprint
- Summarized content
- Case study based approach
- Ready to practice labs
- Exam tips
- Mind maps
- 100% passing guarantee