Why Is the Cybersecurity Industry Being Disrupted By 5G Networks
What are your views about AWS cloud practitioner certification?
What are your views about AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification?
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner was introduced recently by Amazon and this certification is aimed toward absolute beginners and those who do not want to get into the more technical stuff. It is for those who want to develop their skills and knowledge of the Cloud. This certification is a basic level certification exam provided by Amazon Web Services, in short, it introduces non-technical individuals to AWS concepts and services. AWS CCP certification also acts as the prerequisite to other AWS certifications. It takes you from being a novice to an expert in the field. If you ask me, it is definitely worth it; it is the kick start you need to start our career in the cloud.
Let’s have an overview of what AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification is and how you can benefit from it.
If you want to start your career in AWS, then check out our wide range of AWS Courses Now!
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner in a nutshell
The main objective of the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam is to provide an overall understanding about the Amazon Web Services Cloud platform.
It validates the candidates’ ability to:
- Understand what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases (for example, compute and analytics)
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance (for example, whitepapers or support tickets)
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
The AWS Cloud Practitioner exam is a beginner level exam and aimed for novices. You don’t need to have all the technical understanding however, basic knowledge of IT services and their implementation in AWS Cloud platform is recommended. To get the most out of this certification and pass it with a breeze, it is preferred for the candidate to have at least six-month experience of AWS cloud concepts in some role involving sales, managerial, technical, financial or purchasing etc.
To get the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, you have to obtain at least 65% in the multiple choice, multiple answer exam.
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification exam is divided into four subject areas. Each subject area covers many specific topics. The exam covers the following domains:
- Cloud Concepts – 28%
- Security – 24%
- Technology – 36%
- Billing and Pricing – 12%
How to Prepare for the Exam
Yes! Preparing for an exam can be difficult, it requires time, effort and concentration. However, if you are adamant about reaching our goals, there is no need to stress. You must know and have a clear understanding of the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam syllabus. For this you can get help from the Exam Blueprint which is available on AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Guide. There are also Whitepapers to help you understand the technology concepts. You should study at least two hours daily. You can also get help from online courses. There are a number of training courses available online. A practice exams are recommended before going for the actual one. These give you an idea of the types of questions that may appear on the exam as well as help you know the time constraints.
Is AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner worth it?
Definitely! AWS has become the most prominent cloud computing platform in the world and CCP is your first step to the cloud. Cloud Computing has grown exponentially in the past few years and is expected to keep growing in the coming years. Passing your CCP exam and obtaining you certification will open the doorway of opportunities for you.
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification acts as the prerequisite to the following certifications:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate Level
- AWS Certified Developer- Associate Level
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator- Associate Level
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Professional Level
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer- Professional Level
- AWS Certified Big Data Specialty- Specialty Level
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking- Specialty Level